On-line Teaching Information of the Confucius Institute at UoM
Miskolc - March 18th, 2020
Dear our Students,
In view of the state of emergency issued by the Hungarian government and the decision made by the management of University of Miskolc, the Confucius Institute has decided to cancel all in –person classes unless and until the campus announces that in-person instruction may resume.
To continue our instruction, we will begin to offer on-line Chinese classes via Zoom from March 23rd 2020 through the end of this semester. The information is the following for your course study:
- We will use the App “Zoom” (www.zoom.com.cn/download) for on-line class. Please download it before your first class. Here is the link to the Guide for you to learn how to use this on-line APP. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-Windows-and-Mac?mobile_site=true
- Class will be held according to the original timetables of this semester unless you and your teachers have reached an agreement about the new schedule, and will begin on March 23rd. On-line teaching plan is available on our websites: https://konfuciusz.uni-miskolc.hu/e-learning
- Please keep in touch with your teachers through any of the following channels: Email, Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Wechat, etc. Emails: https://konfuciusz.uni-miskolc.hu/our-team
- Your on-line study attendance, which will account in the final assessment, will be recorded by teachers weekly; your electronic test paper documents will be saved by teachers and reported to CI.
- You can ask your teacher to send you PPT, audio, video and other documents for live broadcast before class.
- The assignment specified in the teaching plan is the minimal request for the class and could be more according the teaching progress; for exercise and test we recommend: Liveworksheet (https://www.liveworksheets.com/).
On-line teaching is new to all of us. There might be some technical problems while teaching. We need more cooperation and compassion in the face of an epidemic.
Please take care of yourselves, do your part to “flatten the curve”, and slow the spread of COVID-19. We hope you enjoy our on-line course!
Prof. Jie Liu & Dr. Dániel Kuttor
Co-directors of Confucius Institute at University of Miskolc